DEL NORTE, DEL SUD, and DEL MAR (1946, 1947)
The first new ships for the United States after World War II were courtesy of the Mississippi Shipping Company, also known as the Delta Line.
The firm George G. Sharp took three C3 hulls from the Maritime Commission and put atop them a very rounded superstructure and twin uptakes, the latter beating Holland America Line's Rotterdam to the punch by over a decade.
Evidence shows the interiors of all three were practically identical, aside from color schemes, and maybe the spandrels in the Main Lounge.
Pierre Bourdelle, Raoul Josset, Paul Ninas
Length: 495' | Beam: 69' | Passengers: 120 | 10,073 gross tons | Speed: 17 knots